DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2017 – 074
30 June 2017
ATTENTION: All Parish Priests, Parochial Vicars, Rectors of Shrines, Parish Administrators, Parish Commission on Liturgy and Popular Religiosity Team, (CLPR, EMHC and MLC Coordinators)
SUBJECT: ON-GOING FORMATION SEMINAR FOR EXTRAORDINARY MINISTERS OF HOLY COMMUNION AND MINISTRY OF LECTORS AND COMMENTATORS AND PSALMISTS
Dear Fathers, Monsignori, Brothers and Sisters:
This is to formally remind your reverence, brothers and sisters, of the forthcoming On-Going Formation Seminar for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC) and the Ministry of Lectors, Commentators (MLCP), and Psalmists. Please see attached schedule.
Please be reminded that all Psalmists are required to attend the On-Going Formation with the Lectors and Commentators every year, as announced during the Coordinator’s Meeting last May 6, 2017. In order to easily identify the Psalmists from the Lectors and Commentators, and properly endorse them, it is requested that their names be listed in a separate column on the right side of the names of the Lectors and Commentators in the Letter of Recommendation”. If the minister is both a Lector/Commentator and a Psalmist, his/her name should appear twice on the said document.
Please make sure that candidates have been properly evaluated by the Parish Evaluation/Screening Committee, and properly recommended by the parish priest.
Please take note also of the following requirements:
- A Letter of recommendation, duly signed by the parish priest. (Please put the full names of the participants and arrange them in alphabetical order)(Lectors and Commentators on the left side and Psalmists on the right side)If the minister is both a lector and a psalmists, his/her name should appear twice on the letter.
- Please fax a copy of the letter of recommendation to the Office of the Pastoral Department at Telefax No. 850-9315 ONE WEEK BEFORE the scheduled seminar or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The original copy of the Letter of Recommendation should be presented upon registration on the actual date of the seminar.
- Registration on the actual date of the seminar shall begin at 7:30 a.m. for EMHC, and 12:30 p.m. for MLC.
- Participants are to register individually.
Food booths shall be made available where you may buy your snacks.
Let us continue to glorify God with everything we do.
REV. FR. JOHN FRANCIS FREDERICK MANLAPIG
REV. FR. CARMELO O. ESTORES
see full vicariate schedules here: