DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2017-077
21 July 2017
TO: ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PARISH ADMINISTRATORS, RECTORS, PAROCHIAL VICARS, CHAPLAINS IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE
RE: NOMINATION OF THE NEW VICARS FORANE
Reverend Monsignori and Fathers:
We would like to request the priests from the six vicariates of our diocese to nominate their respective VICAR FORANE. Please be informed of the following guidelines for nomination:
- During the Clergy Assembly (July 27, 2017), we will divide the group by vicariate. Each vicariate will be facilitated by the most senior priest to nominate its respective Vicar Forane.
- Eligible for nominations are: all parish priests (incardinated and religious) who have at least five (5) years of experience as parish priest.
- Each priest is to select three (3) names from eligible candidates. The selection is to be done via secret balloting.
- The ballot will be turned over to the Chancery for counting. The top three names will be submitted by the Chancery to the Bishop, who will choose the new Vicars Forane.
- The new set of Vicars Forane will be announced during the Clergy Retreat in South Korea this August 2017.
REV. FR. CARMELO O. ESTORES
+JESSE E. MERCADO, D.D.
Bishop of Parañaque