DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2017-098
03 October 2017
TO: ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PARISH ADMINISTRATORS, and RECTORS IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE, FINANCE COUNCIL HEADS
RE: GUIDELINE ON CONSTRUCTION AND IMPROVEMENTS OF PARISH PROPERTY
Dear Reverend Monsignori and Fathers:
Greetings of peace!
In line with the Diocesan Statutes on the management of resources – “parishes and all other instrumentalities shall develop and promote the effective, efficient and ethical use of financial resources by developing a spirituality of stewardship….” and with the existing necessity of providing the lay faithful facilities for their spiritual, pastoral and social activities, the Diocesan Office of Property Administration (DOPA) requires all parishes to submit for approval request to undertake improvements/new construction project to the Office of the Bishop.
This is also in compliance with the Diocesan Parish Financial Administration Policies on Major Capital Expenditures – “Capital works and major refurbishment on a single project expenditure exceeding the amount of:
- Capital works and refurbishment on a single project expenditure costing more than Php250,000.00 must be submitted to the Diocesan Construction Committee for review. A letter of intent must be submitted to the Bishop.
- Capital works and major refurbishment on a single project expenditure costing more than Php500,000.00 must be submitted to the Diocesan Construction Committee for review. The written approval of the Bishop must be obtained.”
DOPA encourages parish construction committee to observe the following steps in the implementation of the proposed parish project:
- Project Concept – determination of the need
- Research and initial planning
- Formal presentation – to the Bishop
- Fund raising
- Bid process
- Contract review and signing
- Final acceptance
Details of the above steps can be obtained from DOPA.
Quoting from 1 Corinthian 3:10- “According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it.”
Hoping for your usual cooperation and compliance.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
REV. FR. GILBERT T. ROMULO, JR.
Head – Office of Property Administration
REV. FR. CARMELO O. ESTORES
Encl: Request for Approval to Undertake Improvements to Property Form