DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2017-101
12 October 2017
|TO:||ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PARISH ADMINISTRATORS, CHAPLAINS, RECTORS OF SHRINES IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE|
|RE:||NEW MINIMUM WAGE RATE AND SOME GUIDELINES ON ITS IMPLEMENTATION (October 5, 2017)|
Reverend Monsignori and Fathers:
The Department of Labor and Employment, through the National Wages and Productivity Commission, has issued a new minimum wage rate in the National Capital Region. Current minimum wage is now at Php 512.00 per day, up by Php 21.00 from Php 491.00.
In complying with this new minimum wage rate, Your Reverences, in consulting your Parish Finance Council, may wish to take note of the following:
- Said new rate is already effective since 05 October 2017. The adjusted salaries of your staff shall therefore reflect said increase beginning 05 October.
- The new minimum wage rate adjustment shall be applicable only to full-time parish office staff and full-time Sacristan Mayors.
- The rate increase does not apply to rectory employees, whose nature of their “domestic” employment fall under the scope of the Kasambahay Law. The same does not apply to part-time employees or to employees whose arrangement with the parish are to be construed as “per-piece” or “per-project”, in that they are not required to report to the parish office on a full-time basis.
- The new basic wage law does not apply to those extending any manpower support to the parish by way of volunteerism.
- Technically, any parish whose current salary rates are well above the new minimum wage does not need to make any new salary adjustments. The law provides only for the adjustment of rates for institutions which are giving salaries that are either below or at par with the new basic wage rate.
Further inquiries on the implementation of this new basic wage may be coursed to Ms. Mona Corpuz, or directly to the Human Resources Department of the Diocese of Paranaque at 807-1662 local 6 or 7.
For your kind consideration and implementation.
Thank you and God bless us.
Yours in Christ,
REV. FR. GILBERT T. ROMULO, JR.
Director for Human Resources, Diocese of Paranaque
REV. FR. JOSEPH D. LANDERO