DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2013-075
05 July 2013
TO: ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PARISH ADMINISTRATORS, CHAPLAINS, AND RECTORS OF SHRINES, DIRECTOS OF DOPPSA SCHOOLS, DIRECTORS OF DOPCaSa Schools
RE: POSTER MAKING CONTEST
Reverend Monsignori and Fathers
Peace be with you!
As stated in the recently released, DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2013-071 2 July 2013, we shall hold a Diocesan Eucharistic Congress in St. Andrew Cathedral on 14 September 2013, the Feast of the Triumph of the Cross.
In preparation for this event, the Commission on Catechesis and Religious Education, (COMCARE) has been tasked to take charge of holding a POSTER-MAKING CONTEST to be participated in by the youth from the parishes, high school students from DOPPSA and DOPCaSa schools.
For more information, we have attached a set of Guidelines that may help you and update you on the details of the contest.
Let us continue to be collaborators of our Church.
Rev. Fr. FIDEL G. FABILE
Rev. Fr. CARMELO O. ESTORES
ON THE SPOT POSTER-MAKING CONTEST
GRADES 7 – 10
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Diocese of Paranaque, in the Year of Faith and the Year of the Eucharist
THEME: Uniting Around Christ’s Redeeming Cross.
1. Evoke the youth awareness in celebrating the Diocesan Year of Faith and Year of the Eucharist.
2. Involve the youth in the celebration and own it through participation in the poster making contest.
3. Display the creativity and uniqueness of the youths’ work and at the same time demonstrate their ideas, concepts and insights captured from the theme.
1. The contest is open to all the youth in all parishes in the Diocese of Parañaque, Parochial Schools Association (DOPPSA) and Diocese of Parañaque Catholic Schools Association (DOPCaSa).
2. The main theme of the contest: Diocese of Paranaque, in the Year of Faith and the Year of the Eucharist: Uniting Around Christ’s Redeeming Cross.
3. Poster entries must include the aforementioned theme, expressed through artistic illustration.
4. All entries will be pre-numbered. No signatures, names or other identifying marks should appear at either side of the material of the entry.
5. The winners from the preliminary level from the DOPPSA, DOPCaSA and parish level will join the semi-final round during the clergy meeting on July 25, 2013 at the Diocesan Center.
6. The winner of the semi-final round will join the grand finals, to held on July 30, 2013 at Diocesan Center for Evangelization.
1. Each contestant shall provide for his/her own illustration board. (26” x 21.5” or the size of a whole cartolina)
2. Each contestant must bring the art materials that he/she will use during the contest.
3. Suggested materials allowed for poster making to be brought and used by the individual contestants are:
Pencil – crayon – markers
Pens – craypass – construction paper
glue/paste – pair of scissors – water color
colored pencils – Acrylic paints – pastel colors
4. Computer generated artworks are not allowed. Three dimensional mixed media will not be allowed.
1. Criteria for Judging:
Originality – 40%
Relevance to the theme – 30%
Creativity – 20%
Presentation – 10%
TOTAL = 100%
1. Certificate of participation will be given to all contestants.
2. Each parish should have one winner who shall be a contestant for the semi final round. The same rule shall apply for DOPPSA and DOPCaSa.
3. Prizes of the first elimination round shall be given by the parish or school.
4. Winners of the semi-final round shall be contestants for the grand final round:
3 winner – parish level
3 winner – DOPPSA
3 winner – DOPCaSa
5. 9 contestants from the three levels will be judged by Diocesan Organizing committee and choose an Overall winner who will receive P10,000.00 cash and a Plaque of appreciation
DOPPSA – June 28, 2013
DOPCaSa – June 21, 2013
Parish level – June 27, 2013
2. Semi Final round – July 25, 2013 – DCE
3. Grand Finals – July 30, 2013 – DCE