DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2013-083
01 August 2013
TO: ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PARISH ADMINISTRATORS, CHAPLAINS, AND RECTORS OF SHRINES, CONSECRATED MEN AND WOMEN AND LAY FAITHFUL IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE
RE: PREPARATIONS FOR THE DIOCESAN EUCHARISTIC CONGRESS 2013
Reverend Monsignori and Fathers,
Consecrated Men and Women,
Lay brothers and sisters,
Peace be with you!
As stated in the recently released DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2013-071, the 20 delegates from the parishes are supposed to undergo a spiritual preparation before the Eucharistic Congress proper. In view thereof, the following schedules and activities are to be undertaken on the parish level:
1. PRAYER FOR THE EUCHARISTIC CONGRESS
In lieu of the Prayer for the Year of Faith and the Eucharist, we are urged to recite the PRAYER FOR THE EUCHARISTIC CONGRESS after the Post Communion Prayer of each Sunday Mass, beginning the First Sunday of August.
Attached is the Prayer, both in English and Pilipino.
We shall resume the recitation of the Prayer for the Year of Faith and the Eucharist after the Eucharistic Congress.
2. HOLY HOUR for the Delegates
One of the spiritual exercises that the participants will undertake is their participation to the Holy Hour specifically intended for them and a short conference with their parish priest.
In view of the above, we are suggesting that this be done simultaneously on SATURDAY, AUGUST 17, 2013 at 8:00 p.m.
Attached is the format for the Holy Hour, specialized for the use of the delegates. However, the following options may be done:
1. Using the same format provided, the parish provides the content and prayers in order to suit the needs of the delegates in general.
2. Use the general format currently used for the monthly Holy Hour of the parish, with some revisions and adjustments to the prayers and intercession, pointing to the needs of the delegates.
3. A special Spiritual Conference with the parish priest may either be done after the Holy Hour, or be incorporated to it, depending on the felt need or decision of the parish priest.
4. Device a special format, both for the Holy Hour and Conference with the parish priest.
As stated in our Poster-Making Contest Guidelines, released several weeks ago, each participant shall be granted a CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION.
For your convenience, we have attached the template of the Certificate for your use.
REV. FR. RIO EVANGELISTA
Chairman Diocesan Eucharistic Congress 2013
REV. FR. CARMELO O. ESTORES
1. Prayer for the Eucharistic Congress
2. Panalangin Para sa Eucharistic Congress
3. Format for the Holy Hour
4. Template of Certificate of Participation ( for the recent Poster Making Contest )