DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2018-057
23 May 2018
|TO:||ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PARISH ADMINISTRATORS, RECTORS, CHAPLAINS, GUEST PRIESTS, PRIESTS ON LOAN AND RELIGIOUS PRIESTS IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE|
|RE:||IMPORTANT DOCUMENTATIONS REQUIRED FROM THE CONSECRATED MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE|
Dear Monsignori and Fathers
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Can. 609 §1 A house of a religious institute is established, with the prior written consent of the diocesan Bishop, by the authority competent according to the constitutions.
The Diocese of Paranaque values with gratitude the presence of consecrated persons in our community as God’s gifts for the people of God. Through their unique charisms and spiritualties, they are considered as collaborators of the diocesan clergies in leading the faithful closer to Christ.
In this Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons, we deem it opportune to organize the data system of all consecrated persons in our Diocese. For this reason, we would like to remind all religious superiors, to secure and submit the following basic documents to the Chancery office;
- Statutes (the Origin/ History, Nature, Charism, Purpose, Discipline, Spirituality, Apostolate, Structure, apostolic works in other dioceses and other essential information about the congregation)
- Founder, superior and members (the Curriculum Vitae of superior and the list of the members who are presently assigned in the Diocese).
- Constitution and By-laws (the Rule of life and Governance of the Congregation)
- Letters and decrees
- Letter of request of erecting the house of the congregation
- Decree of Consent of the erection of the house of the congregation by the diocesan bishop
- Letter of request of erecting the oratory / chapel of the congregation
- Letter of approval of erecting the oratory / chapel of the congregation
The following however should be taken into consideration;
- If the approval of the Erection of the House of the congregation happened before the Canonical Erection of the Diocese of Paranaque, the said written consent is presumed to have been given by diocesan bishop of the Archdiocese of Manila.
- However, if the written consent of the diocesan bishop is lacking, the Bishop of Paranaque will release an official Decree of Consent of the Erection of your House in the Diocese, provided that the above requirements have been fulfilled.
- The same principles are applied for those whose entry preceded the Canonical Erection of the Diocese of Paranaque.
- In the case of the Monastery of nuns, the written permissions of the Apostolic See and the diocesan bishop are required. If the latter is lacking, the same principle in no. 2 is applied.
We hope that the said documents and decrees will be submitted to the Chancery Office on or before June 30, 2018.
+JESSE E. MERCADO, D.D.
Bishop of Parañaque
REV. FR. CARMELO O. ESTORES