DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2018-071
9 July 2018
TO: ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PARISH ADMINISTRATORS, RECTORS, CHAPLAINS, GUEST PRIESTS, AND RELIGIOUS PRIESTS IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE
RE: 2nd DIOCESAN CONFERENCE ON BUILDING RESILIENCE IN OUR COMMUNITIES
Reverend Monsignori and Fathers:
Greetings of Peace!
“Rejoice with Me because I have found my lost sheep”, Luke 15:6
This has reference to the 2nd Diocesan Conference on Building Earthquake Resilience in our Communities on 14 July 2018 at the Villonco Hall of the Diocesan Center for Evangelization, Sucat, Muntinlupa City with the following objectives:
- Create awareness on Disaster preparedness and the need to build resilience in our communities.
- To equip our volunteers to effectively respond to future disasters.
- To muster all vulnerable families living along disaster prone areas, and
- To come up with a disaster household survey that will be used as management tools of our planners (Bishop and priests) in assessing community situations and actual needs.
The highlights of the 2nd DRRM Conference touched based on the following:
- Situationers/ MMEIRS/ Rationale of the Program ….. Rene Fortuno
- Ready, Get Set, Go lecture and exercises/ YOYO ….. Martin Aguda Jr.
- Hazard Mapping workshop ………………………….. Christopher Grajo
- Psychological First Aid and Spiritual Support ……… Bong Quiamno
In view thereof, we are requesting you to send your parish representatives to attend this conference on Saturday, 14 July 2018, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Villonco Hall of the Diocesan Center for Evangelization, Villonco Rd., Sucat, Muntinlupa City.
May we further request our parish priest to kindly provide for the food and transportation needs of your parish participants.
BRO. JORGE L. NOMOS REV. FR. TOMMY GAWAIN M. LIRA
DRRM Lay Coordinator DRRM Clergy Coordinator
REV. MSGR. ALBERT A. VENUS
REV. FR. CARMELO O. ESTORES