DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2019-017
8 February 2019
TO: ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PASTORS, PARISH ADMINISTRATORS, RECTORS, CHAPLAINS IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE
RE: REMINDER ON THE CURRENT MINIMUM WAGE RATE (effective November 22, 2018)
Reverend Monsignori and Fathers:
This is to remind all parishes that the Department of Labor and Employment, through the National Wages and Productivity Commission, has issued a minimum wage rate in the National Capital Region effective November 22, 2018. Current minimum wage is at Php 537.00 per day, up by Php 25.00 from Php 512.00.
In complying with this new minimum wage rate by the government, please to take note of the following:
- Said new rate is already effective since 22 November 2018. The adjusted salaries of your staff shall therefore reflect said increase beginning 22 November.
- The new minimum wage rate adjustment shall be applicable only to full-time parish office staff and full-time Sacristan Mayors.
- The rate increase does not apply to rectory employees, whose nature of their “domestic” employment fall under the scope of the Kasambahay Law. The same does not apply to part-time employees or to employees whose arrangement with the parish are to be construed as “per-piece” or “per-project”, in that they are not required to report to the parish office on a full-time basis.
- The new basic wage law does not apply to those extending any manpower support to the parish by way of volunteerism.
- Technically, any parish whose current salary rates are well above the new minimum wage does not need to make any new salary adjustments. The law provides only for the adjustment of rates for institutions which are giving salaries that are either below or at par with the new basic wage rate.
Further inquiries, may be coursed to Ms. Mona Corpuz, or directly to the Human Resources Department of the Diocese of Paranaque at 807-1662 local 115.
Thank you and God bless us.
Yours in Christ,
REV. FR. GILBERT T. ROMULO, JR.
Director for Human Resources, Diocese of Paranaque
REV. FR. CARMELO O. ESTORES