DOP CIRCULAR NO. 2020-020
17 February 2020
TO: ALL PARISH PRIESTS, PARISH PASTORAL COUNCL HEADS, PARISH TRIPARTITE DEPARTMENT HEADS, PARISH COMMISSION HEADS, SCHOOL DIRECTORS AND HEADS, LEADERS OF MANDATED ORGANIZATIONS, RELIGIOUS RENEWAL COMMUNITIES, PARISH BEC LEADERS IN THE DIOCESE OF PARAÑAQUE
SUBJECT: WALK FOR LIFE 2020
Dear Fathers, Monsignori, Brothers and Sisters,
In response to the appeal of the Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas (Council of the Laity of the Philippines), the lay arm of the CBCP Episcopal Commission on the Laity, we will hold our WALK FOR LIFE on March 7, 2020. Together with the different Dioceses in the Philippines, our own lay-faithful along-side the Clergy and the Religious shall take this time to march, pray
for and reflect on the value of life and family and the dignity of the human person.
Please find below the implementation guidelines for the Walk For Life in our Diocese:
1. All parishes are enjoined to hold their respective Walk For Life on March 7, 2020, a first Saturday, preferably from 5:00 am to 6:00 am. (PARISH LEVEL activity)
2. To help streamline the activity and at the same time maximize participation, the Walk For Life shall be combined with the First Saturday Marian Dawn Procession for parishes already regularly doing the latter. For parishes not yet doing the First Saturday Marian Dawn Procession, this would be an opportune time to initiate one.
3. First Saturday Marian Dawn Procession + Walk For Life shall culminate in the celebration of the Holy Mass. Many parishes are already doing this practice.
4. Prayers For Life and Family (given the Marriage Dissolution Bill already approved at the Committee level of the House of Representatives, threats to life such as COVID-19 pandemic, abortion, natural calamities such as volcanic eruption among others) shall be included in the liturgical celebration.
5. All parish priority Commissions, mandated organizations, and the rest of the faithful including schools are encouraged to participate. Members of the different renewal communities shall be invited to join.
6. The Commission on Family (COF) and Commission on Liturgy and Popular Religiosity (CLPR) shall jointly spearhead the activity.
It is my sincere hope that this Walk for Life in the company of our Blessed Mother Virgin Mary will help in constantly expressing our entire stand on the sanctity of life.
Yours in Christ,
(SGD.) MOST REV. JESSE E. MERCADO, DD
Bishop of Parañaque
(SGD.) REV. FR. CARMELO O. ESTORES